Hospitality: the welcoming and watchful reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers to our historic house of worship. The Board of Deacons joyfully invites YOU to attend a three hour hospitality workshop. During this training session, we will:
- Talk in small groups to get to know one another
- Discuss best practices of hospitality (welcoming, seating, sanctuary prep)
- Role play (situational challenges)
- Tour the sanctuary (fire exits, fire extinguishers, safety issues)
- Play ‘Where’s the AED’?
- Eat: your choice of baked stuffed lobster or prime rib (not really, but we will serve breakfast items)
- Get you more prepped and ready to serve our visitors and members in the service of God
Open to both new and veteran ushers and hospitality volunteers and wannabes. Meeting location: 4th floor Guild Room. Please RSVP to Donna Matson at email@example.com, and let us know of any dietary restrictions or allergies.