Build-A-Bed Day of Service
Build A Bed: A Bed for Every Child
Saturday, November 2, 2019 – 8:30 am to 2:00 pm – Mary Norton Hall
In partnership with the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless, we will join together to build 20 twin beds and provide for complete bedding (mattress, box spring, and sheets/blankets and pillows) for children living in poverty in Boston. 80 volunteers from our congregation and our families will come together for a community day of service in November in Mary Norton Hall. This is an ideal program for children (as young as 5 years old) and adults. Individuals and families and friends of Old South are invited to participate.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 8:30 AM Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 AM Community Forum: Children, Poverty, Impact and Social Policy
- 10:00 AM The Build begins!
- 11:30 AM Sanding one of the most important part of building a bed!
- 11:45 AM Finishing the beds with a water base odorless stain.
- 12:45 PM Group photo and closing remarks.
- 1:00 PM Community luncheon
Click below to register. Please note: 1) There must be a completed registration form for each individual participant, including children. 2) For "Company Name", please fill in "Old South Church".
Email Richard Spada at email@example.com with any questions.