Administrative Assistant for Historic Church in Copley Square
Old South Church in Boston is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to coordinate and support the administrative life of this active congregation.
Our next Administrative Assistant will be a people-person who enjoys being a “face of Old South” for members and the public. We seek a multi-tasking self-starter who looks forward to being a part of a team of talented, committed and supportive colleagues.
Old South Church, a congregation of the United Church of Christ, is a vibrant, intergenerational, multicultural, theologically progressive Christian church located in the heart of Boston on Copley Square. Our campus, a National Historical Landmark completed in 1875, welcomes visitors and members seven days a week, and is home to multiple ministries, social service organizations, community groups,12-step programs, musical ensembles, schools and more.
Job Type: Full-time, in-person
Reports to: Church Administrator
Salary: $40,000-50,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Employer-funded retirement plan with full vesting immediately
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off (2 weeks vacation, 2 personal days, 10 sick days, 13 paid holidays)
- 50% reimbursement for public transit expense
Schedule: Monday through Friday, in-person
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Data management– Manage our church database, including updating information on parishioners, managing the input of donations, and assisting with parishioners who need help navigating our online portal.
- Hospitality and Event Preparation – make sure all three kitchens are orderly and well stocked. Set up for Thursday worship and special events (prep coffee, set tables etc.)
- Production of literature – produce bulletin weekly and other written materials. Ensure the upkeep of and supplies for the printers.
- Office Space Management – ensure all supply closets are in order. Check inventory levels and restock when necessary. Manage storefront and check inventory.
- General office – includes data entry, filing, shredding, scanning, check distribution, collating and mailings. Scan documents for our business office.
- Prepare past worship materials for archival binding.
- Assist with tasks and projects as needed.
- At least 1 year of administrative experience
- At least 1 year of database management
- Ability to manage your time and meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to perform a wide range of tasks
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have mobility, be able to lift 25 pounds and able to use stairs on a regular basis
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently and effectively multitask
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Cover letter and resume are required; send to: email@example.com
- Applications will be considered as they are received.
- (A Criminal Offense Record Inquiry (CORI) will be required upon hiring.)
Old South Church in Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, disability status, or veteran status. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and members of other historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.