Science. Math. Reason. Good citizenship. Flattening the curve. It is these that informed our decision on March 12, 2020 to close our doors, not literally, but effectively, that we might do our part to lessen the advance of Coronavirus. The sooner we all implement the practices urged by the CDC and W.H.O., the sooner we will come through this and get back to normal. Such is the reasoning of Old South Church’s COVID-19 Blue Ribbon Task Force, comprised of experts in medicine, public health, and government.
What does this mean? From now, at least until Easter, we will offer worship exclusively online. Our small groups, boards, committees, task forces – anything for which you formerly came to 645 Boylston Street will, henceforth, be conducted via Zoom, conference calls, or other digital platforms.
- Visit livestream.com/oldsouth to find worship live stream events. You can watch these videos live, as well as after they have occured.
- All-Church Worship will be live streamed from the Sanctuary at 10 a.m. on Sundays
- Jazz Worship is being transformed into Virtual Jazz Coffee House, featuring the Willie Sordillo Ensemble, and will be live streamed from the Sanctuary at 6 p.m. on Thursdays
ONLINE DAILY PRAYER
- Every weekday at noon, visit our Facebook page - Facebook.com/OldSouthChurch - to join a live, 15 minute interactive prayer session led by clergy
- Every weekday at 4pm, we'll post our version of High Tea on our Facebook page:
- Mondays: Worship Matters, led by Minister of Music, Mitchell Crawford
- Tuesdays: Spiritual Practices, led by Interim Associate Minister, Rev. Katherine Schofield
- Wednesdays: Mid Week Peek, behind the scenes at Old South, led by Senior Minister, Rev. Nancy Taylor
- Thursdays: Spiritual Practices, led by Pastoral Resident Amo Ngoepe
- Fridays: Friday Fun Days, led by Acting Associate Minister, Rev. Shawn Fiedler
At 9 a.m. on Sundays, Director of Children & Family Ministries, Kate Nintcheu, will host our church school classes for children age 3 through Grade 8 via uploaded videos and interactive Zoom meetings. Class specifics and links are distributed in an 8 a.m. email and links go live at 8:45 a.m. To get in on the fun, email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the Massachusetts stay-at-home order, our building is closed until further notice. Building users have been notified of this change.
CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- For any prayer requests, emotional support, or other assistance you may need during these time, please email our Congregational Care and Support Committee at email@example.com
- We are in the process of compiling a calling list to check in with those most vulnerable to this novel virus and/or to the mental health effects of a season like this.